I build websites. Like this one, for example.
I'm a front-end developer.
- I work with designers to get their ideas out of Photoshop and onto the Web.
- I keep things as responsive as possible on the client.
I'm a PHP developer.
- I program content management systems, APIs, and static sites.
- I use MVC frameworks, and also WordPress.
- I design database schemas, write SQL, and keep things running as fast as possible on the server.
I'm a small-scale sysadmin.
- I manage the full LAMP stack on virtual and physical servers.
I am not a designer.
- There are people that do design and development. I am not one of them.